Wednesday, April 6, 2011

First Swimming Lesson


Ready to go!OK swim lesson's did not go so well and Mommy said she needed some more caffeine to take her through the day : ) We sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful morning and she once again tried talking up swim lesson's..... again!


So Merrin did not have a good lesson, she was the only student in class with two teacher's and I was right there with her not in the pool but right besides it. We arrived early so she could get a feel for the place and she loved watching the class before hers but when it was her turn the crying began. I did get her in the water but she cried and cried, both of the teachers were very good with her and she would calm down for a minute and start right back up again. They put a bunch of rubber duckies in the pool and told her if she took all the duckies out she would be able to get out. She did stop crying and starting taking the duckies out until she realized the other teacher was putting more in and she started crying and screaming "no no out duckies out", smart girl! I honestly thought she was ready we have been talking it up for weeks and just recently went swimming with her and it went great. She is scary of some situations and it takes her a while to get use to some things so I am hoping next week will be a little better, I am keeping my fingers crossed!!

2 comments:

  1. Kerry is the same way...she's very funny about those kind of situations. Sounds like you're a very patient Mama, so I'm sure with a little time, you'll have her warmed up to it. She is absolutely adorable and I can't get over how much she's grown! I love the pictures in the post below, too, She look so cute in those little dresses.

    Gin =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Her eyes in that second pic drinking her juice remind me of Emma's so much. They are getting so grown up! Yep, these girls are way too smart to play a trick like that with those duckies! The more I hear about Merrin, I realize how similar she and Emma are with the uncertainty of things. I can't wait to see her and you guys too!

    ReplyDelete